Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Hallway Light

Oh where to begin....

A brief background.... When Stephen and I moved into this house we wanted to paint. I chose to paint our house a beautiful blue with one darker blue accent wall. I bought throw pillows, couch covers, wall art.... and about six months later I changed my mind.... We were painting our offices and Stephanie had brought in Cracker Bitz a pretty brown in the gold family or pretty gold in the brown family :0) I loved it and decided that I wanted it in my house so Stephen painted our downstairs gold with red accent walls. ( My husband probably wanted to kill me for having him paint our living room/kitchen and this time the stairwell and hallway upstairs.... Well as hard as my husband tried WE ARE NOT PAINTERS!!!! So a year later we were FINALLY financially able to hire some professionals to "touch up" his hard work. WELL...when we painted the last time we had red and brown paint leftover so it was easy to go get more paint, however we used all the gold.... we spent our Sunday afternoon at Lowes with the helpful paint expert trying to find the same color ( I even text Stephanie to see if she remembered the color). Enter Cracker Bitz, I was so excited it looked right on and I was siked for the painters to come on Monday. Stephen took off Monday so he could be there with the painters, (Premier Painting) I came home to an amazing stairwell and hallway! I knew the ceiling spots wouldn't be the exact same color, but what I'm not so pleased with is the gold touch-ups, it completely looks like a different color around the edges. The painters said this was because the other paint had been on the walls for a year and it would take time to blend... I'm hoping...

Anyway... [to the post title] when the painters left the hallway was still wet so they didn't put back up the sconce. This afternoon Stephen and I ate dinner, and were planning on going to the gym (it's our new thing). I said, hey babe why don't we try to put the sconce up first... Insert the next hour putting up ONE light fixture. The light is HIGH up in our stairwell so I suggested to Stephen to get our kitchen chair put two legs on one stair and prop the other two legs up with books :0) well he nixed that idea. However, he did go get some books and managed to put the left screw and bottom screw in. YAH!! Now to the right (which of course the stairs are higher on the left side) So Stephen and I start brainstorming.... Somehow he decided its much safer for me to be on his shoulders than to do my clever chair idea. So here we go, when I get nervous I laugh, now was not the time to laugh climbing up on my husband's shoulders in the stairwell. TAKE 1... FAIL... TAKE 2... FAIL... TAKE 3 FAIL... TAKE 4 FAIL... now my husband is sweating, I'm laughing and we have NO clue how we are getting this last screw on. Stephen FINALLY agrees to let me try my chair idea :0) YES, I can reach the the fixture, I got the screw, AND I drop it in the base of the sconce... YES I'm serious... So, we have to take the two other glorious screws back out, get the screw I dropped out and after a little more frustration MISSION SUCCESSFUL!!
(whew, that was my gym time) I told by husband I was going to blog, while he goes to the gym, but he didn't leave without me reminding him that it is indeed double punch Tuesday :0)







Amanda BURTON

No comments:

Post a Comment